View Single Post
Old 12-19-2005, 08:32 PM
Just some dude.

Significant Technical Input
8.3 is what it would be with the na pistons. The turbo pistons would make it an unworkable 7.2.

I'm planning on having them made for 9:1. That decision hasn't been finalized yet. I'm having Gary at Gary's Automotive in CA design the pistons and will take his opinions seriously in making the final decisions. He does a lot of engine work for professional rally subys and is a JE wholesaler with a lot of experience designing suby pistons. I've had Phil send him a spare piston already and I'm mailing him the rubbing i made of the combustion chamber and specs I measured today. After he has them we rediscuss things and come to the final decisions and piston design. You may want to look at the thread I started with my specs on the EG33.
http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=30361

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdigerlando
I would agree that the NAs would be difficult to work with. When you said 8.3:1 were you refering to NAs or Turbos?

I think this discussion has really solidified the need for custom machined pistons for our applicatons!

LAN: What compression are you planning for your stage 3 kit? I was thinking 8.5:1 for my turbo. My wife has a turbo fxt with an automatic trans It has an awesome streetable feel to it. These engines run about 8.4:1.