View Single Post
Old 11-16-2005, 12:48 PM
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOST

Send a message via AIM to Phast SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bipa
Samuel Adams = America's Ghandi?! Thanks for the laughs!

Samuel Adams isn’t known for killing innocent folks. He was known for inciting riots where innocent folks got injured and killed.

Samuel Adams did write some interesting stuff, though, which could be considered quite appropriate given today’s situation in Iraq. Read and ponder what he wrote on the 17th of October, 1768:

"No man can pretend to say that the peace and good order of the community is so secure with soldiers quartered in the body of a city as without them. Besides, where military power is introduced, military maxims are propagated and adopted, which are inconsistent with and must soon eradicate every idea of civil government."
I was not aiming my post towards you bipa. I think you would see a much better audiance(and i would respect you) if you werent so condescending and justified in your words.
there is NO right answer to this, aversion is by far the weakest form of risk management IMO and that is what many people, governments, and our media is suggesting we do. I also would'nt mind seeing a system with mandatory government service. But you could never get that to fly here, too many people are to far removed from reality of life.

phil

Last edited by Phast SVX; 11-16-2005 at 12:51 PM.