View Single Post
Old 10-13-2005, 05:43 AM
Banned
Subaru Gold Contributor

Send a message via AIM to Budfreak
Question annoying high idle

when my car is fuly warmed up and i let it idle for more than 2 or 3 minutes the idle will go up to about 950rpm's. it just started this about a month ago and now it's happening more frequently.the idle won't go back down until i shut the car off and restart it and it will just do it again if i don't get moving within a minute of restarting it. i want to try to figure it out and make sure it isn't anything performance hampering as i'm hitting the track on tuesday and really need this thing running perfect.

Also, i noticed there is now sort of a thumping coming from the engine that wasn't there before i put the new sprocket and crank pulley on it. i can only seem to hear it inside the car though. i also still have the cold knock or tap i've talked about before on here, but it still goes away when it warms up. just hope nothing goes kablooey on tuesday but if it does i guess i'll fix it one way or another like always. damn car addictions! we need to start an svx anonomous class for all of us addicts

Jason