View Single Post
Old 09-29-2005, 08:31 PM
Row faster...I hear banjos!!!!

Friday, November 25th Drag Meet - Capitol Raceway

Thanksgiving falls on Thursday, November 24th this year and Capitol Raceway in Crofton, MD is having a test-n-tune on "Black Friday", November 25th.

Gates open at 5:00pm, test-n-tune from 5:30-11:00pm. $10 to spectate, $20 to race.

Last year when SVXRide did some 1/4 mile runs at Capitol on the Friday after Thanksgiving, temps hoovered in the low 40's to upper 30's! Fast times are guaranteed, but dress warmly folks!!!!

Go to Capitol Raceway's website for directions: http://www.capitolraceway.com

-Chike

P.S. EDIT for Directions

The address Capitol Raceway lists on their website isn't recognized by any of the major navigation websites. I did some digging on-line and the actual street address of the Racewway is:

1455 Jackson Rd, Odenton, MD 21113

Plug this address into either Mapquest or Yahoo! maps and you'll be taken all the way to Capitol Raceway Rd which leads to the dragstrip.

You can also use the directions Capitol Raceway lists on their website at:

http://www.capitolraceway.com/location.htm

From the South
Take I 95 North to 495 North to Rt. 50 East to Route 3 North, Go through 4 lights (approx 6 miles) into Crofton. Follow the Capitol Raceway signs and turn left at the Wendy's. Crossover to Route 3 South. Get in the right lane and Capitol Raceway Rd is 100 feet on the right.

From the North
Take 95 South to 895 through the Harbor Tunnel to Route 97S to Maryland Route 3 South. Go approximately 3 miles and turn right onto Capitol Raceway Road or take 95 S TO 695 East to 97S to MD Route 3 South to a right on Capitol Raceway Road. If you use 83 S take 695 West to 97 S to Rt. 3 S to Capitol Raceway Rd.

2013 Cosmic Blue 5spd Evo X GSR
2006 Galaxy Gray 6MT RX-8 (sold)
2006 Steel Gray WRX TR (sold)
1996 Brilliant Red SVX L (sold)

Last edited by Chiketkd; 11-22-2005 at 08:22 AM.