View Single Post
Old 09-20-2005, 09:00 PM
tman6429

Retro fitting radiator. Details inside.

Yesterday as i was driving my car was overheating. After i pulled over to the side of the road, couple seconds later BOOOOOOMMMM!!! Yes it was a mess, so i waited to cool off and wasn't far from home, so i babied it home. So i pop the hood open, and what do i see big split across the radiator. So today i called about 20+ junkyards to see if i can get a used one. No luck and on tight budget i wasn't about to give up and spending alot of money on a new one. So i went to the junkyard and walked around for a while looking at different radiators on different cars. I came across the closets radiator of a Toyota Corolla. So today i spent 2 hours on retro fitting one in my car. I will keep you posted on how it goes and the out come. I will post pics up on the setup i used. I had to take one of the radiator fans out because of clearance issues i ran into. Well this only temprorary till i find one. Its very close to the SVX one but dirrent hose size, and tranny fittings. I will stop a Home Depot to pick few more items then it should be complete.