View Single Post
Old 09-13-2005, 12:29 PM
Network Design Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bipa
Originally posted by RSVX:
Twice I had written a long nice reply, and twice I lost it.

In short...

Iraq bit our ankles when they launched a SCUD missile at the Sharq mall (before we invaded), a well known hangout for off duty American troops stationed at one of the three bases we have in Kuwait...

I was there not two months before this happened... and there is no way that Saddam would have not known we always have people there.
__________________________________________________ ___________________
Yeah, I'm having trouble posting with quotes, so here it is again without any

I think you've gotten your timeline a bit confused. Feel free to double check my info from other sources. I include one source each for mine.

U.S. launches cruise missiles at Saddam
Saddam denounces attack as 'criminal'
Thursday, March 20, 2003 Posted: 0631 GMT ( 2:31 PM HKT)
WASHINGTON (CNN) -- U.S. and coalition forces launched missiles and bombs at targets in Iraq as Thursday morning dawned in Baghdad, including a "decapitation attack" aimed at Iraqi President Saddam Hussein and other top members of the country's leadership.
President Bush announced the start of the military campaign against Iraq shortly afterward in a televised address from the White House.
http://edition.cnn.com/2003/WORLD/me...sprj.irq.main/

Cruise missile hits Kuwait City
Around 1:45 A.M. on Saturday, March 29, a cruise missile thought to be an Iraqi CSSC-3 Seersucker exploded in Kuwait City's harbor, narrowly missing the popular Souk Sharq mall. Kuwait City's air defenses did not give warning that an attack was imminent. The Seersucker cruise missile, also known as a Silkworm, has a range of 51-125 miles and flies at a very low altitude of several hundred feet. Kuwait City is about 50 miles from the Iraqi border. This was the first time since hostilities began that a missile thought to be launched from Iraq had landed and caused damage in Kuwait: prior to Saturday, U.S. CENTCOM officials claimed to have intercepted every missile they deemed to be a threat to coalition forces. There were two injuries but no deaths reported from Saturday's attack. The missile involved was armed with a conventional warhead. Agence France-Presse, March 29, 2003
http://www.cdi.org/missile-defense/threat-pr.cfm
bah, Foiled again!
-1993 Subaru SVX LS-L, Barcelona Red, #46, 160,000+ Miles (Sold to SomethingElse)
-2011 Toyota Sienna SE, Black, 30,000+ Miles (Swagger Wagon )
-2002 BMW R 1150R ABS, Black, 26,000+ Miles (Daily Driver )
SVX Owner from February 1997 to March 2008
SVX Online Community Member since February 1998
SVX World Network Member since February 2002, Member #520

Life is a game. Play to win.
The world belongs to those who can laugh at it.