View Single Post
Old 09-13-2005, 08:16 AM

Send a message via AIM to Sidewinder Send a message via MSN to Sidewinder
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow248
1. WWII. Remember D-Day 1944?

I asked for one war that went as planned. You picked the second most poorly executed war in our history (first would of course be Vietnam). Good choice. There was little planning if any to begin with, and both the major offensives in the war were large scale failures. Yup, just as planned.

I would have to say that the current war in Iraq must be within the top two. I'd say that WW2 was executed better than Iraq because in WW2, we were able to determine our enemies and then establish a plan to conquer them. In Iraq, we still can't determine friend from foe. In Iraq, we've not been able to accomplish the goals we've laid out yet. Instead of taking earmarked funds that were supposed to go toward reconstruction, they're now being spent on security.

And in Iraq, the administration made one of the biggest blunders ever, in my opinion: the failure to anticipate such a large "insurgency" and the inability to deal with it.

Anyone notice that it's always the same people arguing with one another? Albeit some of them have changed names, but it's always the same people...

"The SVX — Where, they wondered, do you put the kayak?"