View Single Post
Old 09-13-2005, 07:06 AM
Certified Porschephile

I attacked him? He called me pathetic for my belives, I called him pathetic for his, seems like a draw to me. As for some of the other points posted here, anyone who thinks the US was prepared for WWII is far from being informed. There was protesting of the civil war. Go to Baltimore in the inner harbor. The cannons on Federal Hill face INTO the city. Why? To keep the protestors and pro-confederates in line. FDR promised to keep us out of Europe. To his credit he handled the change nicely. Truman on the other hand was a boob, except for OK'ing the atomic bomb. I agree there is views on all sides. I wasn't the one that called my beliefs pro-war rhetoric and pathetic. We are now fighting an enemy that tells 8 year olds it's OK to strap on some TNT and blow up a bus, then you go to heaven. Think you can speek to them logicly? Cindy Sheehan has become the Hanoi Jane for our generation. She decided to take that route, I didn't. She should have told her son to go work for the peace corp instead of the Army. There were risks, he knew them, he accepted them and the possibility involved, and he signed the papers and swore the oath. That's where I have a problem. Over half of my reserve unit is NYPD and there are a few FDNY. I was at McGuire on 9/14/01 when Bush flew in on Air Force One before departing to Ground Zero on Marine One. The emotions I have for that week and any other Islamic Extremeist are strong to say the least. My country didn't behead civilians, with the losers wearing masks. COWARDS. That's what they are. More like roaches of the world. And how do you deal with a roach infestiation? You exterminate them. I never saw anyone reason with a cockroach.