View Single Post
Old 09-13-2005, 04:57 AM
1995 Subaru SVX LSi Polo Green

Send a message via ICQ to Manarius Send a message via AIM to Manarius Send a message via MSN to Manarius Send a message via Yahoo to Manarius Send a message via Skype™ to Manarius
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow248
1. WWII. Remember D-Day 1944?

I asked for one war that went as planned. You picked the second most poorly executed war in our history (first would of course be Vietnam). Good choice. There was little planning if any to begin with, and both the major offensives in the war were large scale failures. Yup, just as planned.

2. WWII and WWI (Remember Pearl Harbor)

I asked for a war that we were properly prepared for. It was niether our desire or intent to enter WWII until Japan brought it to us. We had all our resources at work supplying the British...so much so, that we had to recall shipments of weapons that were meant for them. We were unable to enter WWII at full strength (as we did both Iraq wars) because we spent so much energy helping others who were already involved.

3. The Civil War or the War of 1812

HA! Um...are you forgetting the ENTIRE NORTHERN US!?!?!

4. FDR (He was elected during the war)

FDR was elected BEFORE the US entered the war. He was elected ON THE PREMISE that he would keep us out of war. After he was elected, we went to war. It doesn't take a genius to guess how popular this made him. Sure he's looked upon with a favorable light these days, but he was just as hated as Bush in his time.

What the hell does that have to do with anything? The constitution calls for the preservation of freedom. So how can you say that going to war in Iraq had nothing to do with defending our rights and freedoms? We have been directly threatened on many occasions by Saddam, and he made the 9/11 attacks possible. What other justification do we need?!

WTF?!

Then tell me, genius...how DO we protect ourselves from an enemy who has repeated threatened us, supplied his friends with the resources they needed to carry out a large scale attack, and whom we have good reason to believe has the capability to obtain very dangerous weapons?
1. We still gained unconditional surrender (well, "officially"), didn't we? Yes, we did. Thank you.
2. We were properly prepared. We had the weapons, we had the people, we had the money. Is that not preparation?
3. Not after 1863. And, how about the War of 1812? Yes, yes, you missed that one.
4. He was not elected on the premise that he would not enter. He was elected on the fact that things were looking up after he implemented things like "Cash and Carry." And besides, after JAPAN attacked us, we had the right to defend ourselves from those allied with them. Don't even try to compare Pearl Harbor to 9/11. 9/11 was an attack by a group you can't fight with guns.

As for you called me genius...please quote to me where it says the President is to defend freedom. I've read my copy of the constitution...it's missing

Ohh, and btw. Saddam didn't have WMD's. He also did not attack us. So, until we can prove he attacked us, we have no right to go in there.
(8/23/07-Present) 1995 Subaru SVX LSi (197k) Polo Green (#1102) 03/95
Mods: DDM Tuning 4500k 35w Low Beam HID, 100w H3 Bulbs, Extra Ground Cables, 15 minute $12.96 mod,
svxfiles designed transmission mount (), sporting a "new" tail light bar,
silver BBS rims, custom power steering cooler (one that doesn't dump ATF constantly), new negative lead cable, no more third or fourth gear
(1977-Present) 1977 Chevrolet Corvette (81k) Silver
(12/01/2011-Present) 2005 Subaru Outback 2.5i Limited 5MT (97k)
I have a bad feeling about this.
-Obi Wan Kenobi