Thread: Selling Up
View Single Post
Old 09-04-2005, 04:52 PM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to svxistentialist
Registered SVX
Sorry to hear you are selling man.

I have one of my SVXs for sale, and the '93 one in development. When I parked the SVX, I got a twin turbo Legacy estate for an everyday car. It does everything really well, is faster than the SVX, can carry everything, no, make that EVERYTHING!, so is a sensible change from a big heavy guzzling coupe.

Except that it gets it very hard to beat 20 mpg, and our fuel prices here are climbing also. Strangely enough, all Subaru WRX people I have met and discussed it with, they seem to take this as normal.

Not sure on exchange rates, but I suspect your $1.20 is way cheaper than here, and your $1.60 is about what we are paying at present.

I hope you get a good price for the SVX. I may take mine off the market. A time of high fuel price hysteria is not the right time to be selling an SVX, which is a "high maintenance" car in the normal sense of the term.

Best of luck with the sale. If economy is your goal, and you still want speed, I can recommend a VW Passat Tdi. My brother had one of these. It could really haul ass, and still gave 40 mpg. Hard to beat that in the real world.

Joe
White X2 RVR Mitsubishi 1800GDI. Vantastic

40,000 miles Jersey Girl