View Single Post
Old 03-27-2002, 04:34 AM
ironsvx

Unhappy sad news re Jr's svx

A long narrative that ends up sadly (not tragically; no one died but our 92 claret). I bought my son an svx ($5200) on E-bay back in December; an uncharactersistic gamble for me. It was advertyised with recently rebuilt transmission. It was great driving it back although smoking a little in Virginia (on the way back to Georgia) Had some seals replaced ($600) but all seemed ok (slight ATF leak) Two weeks ago would not go into first. Ok had the tranny rebuilt ($1500) by a trusted friend who played football on a team I coached back in the 80's. One week later no first gear again, same symptoms as before. My friend says rebuilding the transmission is not the answer but a remanufactured tranny from Subaru may do the trick ($4400). I cannot hack it so the SVX goes into storage until I win the lottery and I am looking for a new car for Jr. My friend is refunding my $1500 from the rebuild. What a tale of woe. I love the car; why can't it just work? See you fellas later. If anyone has any bright ideas let me know.