View Single Post
Old 08-25-2005, 12:14 PM
Ever Vigilant He Never Sleeps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by benebob
Harry I average about 26ish mostly around town in my XT6 fwd on regular fuel in the summer. Better in the winter as I drive more highway then. You should easily be able to atain 30mpg with a 4 cylinder fwd or even a push button 4wd.

A Prius is a dumb idea. If you really want a new car and good gas mileage get a Echo. It would take you about 160k miles just to pay for the difference in gas savings and that would be assuming you don't use the air in the summer which where you are I don't see as an option. In that 160k it is likely that you'll have more expenses with the hybrid than you would a gas engine (i.e. battery replacement or drain over time that would lower your power yield from the batteries).

A hybrid now is nothing more than a "feel good" purchase. It isn't practical, nor is it better for the enviroment in most cases. Might be a different story if you're driving 150k a year in one car.
^^I agree kinda like Chike

26-30 mpg would be acceptable. much better than 17-18 mpg, that's for sure. :P

I don't have a need for a new car. In fact, I probably won't be buying a new car anytime soon. I can't justify the costs for one as well as the depreciation of the vehicle once you drive off the lot. I'd also rather have something that I wouldn't be pissed about if some jackhole (tons of them in Atlanta) decides to smack into my car.

I'll check out that XT in atlanta. Hopefully that XT's a push button 4wd.

good find by the way