View Single Post
Old 08-17-2005, 03:22 PM
Not as old as Randy

Significant Technical Input
Quote:
Originally Posted by JIMSVX
there is a statement that I don't think I understand. It says,
"Anytime codes 13, 33, 34 or 35 are displayed, the condition is one which is currently occurring."
I don't know if I understand for sure what this means. - Jim
In automotive parlance it means, "You are in the midst of a cluster f**k and this is how this particular device reports the error when it doesn't know exactly what is happening."

Generally speaking two issues create a large number of error codes in any system - defective control units and circuit/power deficiencies/oddities. Now you have to take that statement with a grain of salt and a grin. An intermittent issue can cause a power/circuit issue that wasn't intentionally designed to occur. Difficult to write a tech manual around "What can happen if something weird occurs:..." And then obviously if a control unit begins going south all bets are off on what codes will be spit out.

The point of the informational sentence is, "We don't have a friggin' clue, we didn't design the system to have this problem. Make your best guess by following what the actual problem is and don't chase wild geese trying to fix a code that doesn't represent the actual symptom(s)."

Welcome to my world.