View Single Post
Old 08-14-2005, 03:16 PM
SVX Appeal

I've noticed similar behavior. Infrequently after running the AC for an extended period of time on days when the ambient temperature is only moderately warm, the AC will shut down briefly. Cycling the system by turning it off and waiting does work, but only briefly. It's not particularly bothersome because it only happens when I don't really need the AC anyway.

Another situation I just noticed is that the AC shuts down when the engine gets a little too warm. I was pushing my motor really, really hard the other day with the AC blasting. When the temperature gauge began to climb, the AC shut down. (Followed by the transmission locking up the torque converter at all times in both third and fourth gear and holding gears as long as possible.) Anyway, once the engine cooled down, the AC came back on. What I noticed was that there's a gap between the AC turning off and the transmission going into "damn it's hot" mode. I think a thermostat that was about five or ten degrees too hot would prevent the AC from working without freaking out the TCU. The needle on my temperature gauge rests very stable at the nine-o'clock position. At about nine-thirty, the AC quits.