View Single Post
Old 08-14-2005, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by overdalimit
What is the Trinary switch? Is that the switch inline with the condenser under the hood below the right hand headlamp? I'm looking it up on www.subaryparts.com but can't find it. Now, I said that I was going to be doing some tests and wouldnt stop until I found the problem. I got the under dash sensors Friday from a car in the salvage yard. Replaced them and still the same problem. That leads me to believe that my problem is with the sensor that is in the tube that comes from the condenser (High pressure switch?) It seems that the only way to get this sensor is to buy part#73431(I).which is (Pipe-Condenser-Liquid Tank). Anyone have this problem before?
That sound like the high pressure switch. My dealer looked it up and it only comes with the high pressure pipe/hose. It's around $100. I haven't switched over to 134 yet and am holding off until the AC starts acting up again. At that time, I'll replace that line/switch combo and do the conversion.
When I described the way our AC's are behaving, a couple of automotive HVAC guys I know both said it sounded like the high pres switch, so this sounds promising.