Thread: Engine skipping
View Single Post
Old 07-21-2005, 09:22 AM

Engine skipping

Hi experts,

I love my SVX but it's becoming a pain. Anyways, the engine is skipping/stutters when car is on park. When I accelerate everything seems okay until I hit 45-50 mph especially when I keep it at that speed. The car was in the shop for 3 months when I picked it up , it had 1/4 of gas left in the tank. Figured it could be moisture from sitting for so long. Ran the car til gas was on empty filled it up and let it run til empty again. this time I only filled it up w/ 1/4 tank full.

Here's what was done w/ the car, replaced engine w/ another one w/ 30,000 miles. A month after it was replaced, the pulley broke along w/ the timing cover. It's been replaced since.

After $3,000 later the car is still crappy. I know the problem could be my mechanic but right now he'll have to do since he was a top subaru mechanic and has his own shop. My other option is a dealer who I am looking to take the car to when it finally runs decently.

I am also looking to get an extended warranty. Based on my situation, will I have a hard time finding one? Does anyone know where to get a good ext. warranty?

I don't want to get rid of the car but it's just causing me too much headaches. If this continues I will have to look for a 300zx. I don't want another SVX to be burried into extinction.

Thanks in advance. Help needed.

Last edited by lurker; 07-21-2005 at 09:25 AM.