View Single Post
Old 07-17-2005, 08:46 PM
Just some dude.

Significant Technical Input
Quote:
Originally Posted by svxsubaru1
So do you think we could combine this stage 2V3 with a Apex-i Super AFC and run larger injectors for a turbo (like sti 550s, or even the Q-45 370cc?)
No, you definitely do not want to mess with the voltage signal from the maf meter--that would completely mess up the ignition timing which would be dissasterous. I would first build your system and see if you need additional fuel. I think you will find that if you run a walboro fuel pump the increased fuel pressure and the fuel injectors being able to be driven to 100% duty will give you enough fuel unless you have an engine built to a lower compression ratio. If you need additional fuel then use additional injectors with a seperate controller to add the fuel.

Most people don't have a very thorough understanding of what happens if you go beyond the ability of the fuel injectors to deliver fuel. It's important to note where/when you would actually run low on fuel. When we talk about the size of a fuel injector we are talking about it's flow rate, the amount of fuel over a set time. It's when the time is short for fuel delivery that the injector is most limited in it's ability to deliver fuel. That means high rpms. The higher the rpms the shorter the time the fuel injector has to deliver the fuel necessary for the intake charge in the cyllinder. In driving that means the first place you can expect to go lean is the last place you will find yourself, high rpms at top gear. In the lower gears you will be shifting before you get up to redline. Our shift point is 5600 rpms. 5600/2 = 2800 intake rpms 2800rpms/60sec=46.67 rps 1 sec/46.67 rps = 0.0214 sec per rev = 21.4 milliseconds to deliver fuel. This is quite a bit of time. I certainly wouldn't recomend sacrificing accurate engine managment for 99.9999% of your driving time to get a higher flow rate for high rpms. The stage 2v3 software will run forced induction well--it lights up the tires on our stage 3 system at will. Build your system first after it's running if you find you need more fuel add it without messing with engine management.