Thread: RE new subie B9
View Single Post
Old 06-30-2005, 07:37 PM
Have a poncho I can borrow?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PA_SVX
Well I know I have fit more stuff into my Pathfinder then ever fit in either of our two Legacy wagons. It has more ground clearence and has a low range for when I was driving it in deep mud up to the frame rails last year. I like our Forester, my wife loves it, but I highly doubt it would have made it through the same trails I went through. Those people who never drive thier uber-SUV's on the GRASS because it gets it dirty don't need one, but I at least try to use it for what it was designed for. Did I need to drive those trails? No. Do people need 62" plasma TV's? No. Do you need a SVX when a Civic 4 door gets better gas milage and is more pratical? No. We can go on and on with this one. When you move from the US to the Ukraine and they tell you to drive this Lada, in only grey, with no air, I'm sure you'll re-think the whole your stupid for driving a SUV theme. Freedom is about choice. Plain and simple. Want to be an ignorant liberal democrat? That's your right. Want to be a self absorbed tree hugger? Go ahead. Want to be a red neck? It's all you buddy. I'd hate to live in Utopia where everyone looked alike, talked alike, and thought alike.
Somebody got up on the wrong side of Rush this morning! Maybe you need it b/c you have too much baggage to carry around. As for the low range, that's there for people who can't drive w/o it! I never touched it in my BRAT unless I was pulling an idiot with a stuck SUV out of a ditch with all 73 hp and 200k. Give me the wife's forester. I'll get it through everywhere you're Pathfider will provided they are both fitted with the exact same tires without a scratch. I'll even go some places you'll have definate issues with your compass in the Pathfinder. Oh yeah, and the nice thing about a Legacy is that it has a roof rack which is totally usable and doesn't affect the handling so much to require a roll-over warning label if used.

It isn't the vehicle its the skill of the packer, driver and of course the trusty navigator.