View Single Post
Old 06-15-2005, 11:23 PM
Still 1.7K to go...
Subaru Silver Contributor

Send a message via AIM to SilverSpear Send a message via MSN to SilverSpear Send a message via Skype™ to SilverSpear
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotorflyr
Danny,
I think you do a good job with fiberglass and are trying to make your vision come true, keep up the good work, whether people like what you do or not (and I don't like some of it) your work is good, and deserves compliments!

You did a good job on the hood work, it's not really to my taste (but growing on me), reminds me of either (or both) a pontiac trans-am or grand prix

I don't like the "eye-lids" on the headlights, but I don't like "eye-lids" on 99.9% of cars, so to each his own

The bumper/front clip looks great but seems a little thick/wide in comparison to the lines of the rest of the nose/hood, this may just be the angle of the photo's though and again the "eye-lids" narrow out the headlights so that might make the bumper look fatter then it actually is. Curious, are there fog lights under those covers at the moment? Or something planed for those slots in the future??

The front grille looks awsome!!! Great job modifying it, flows nicely with the hood and clear lights!

I also love the side skirts, they also flow well with the lines of the car and make the side look a little more agressive.

Still hate the wing height (not sure about the style either), but will be interesting to see what you do with it in the following month(s)
Any other plans for the rear of the car?? Or planing on keeping it the way it is (other then the wing height)??
Concerning the hood, as i mentioned before, it got screwed up with the engine heat first becasue i didn't install a heat insulator at first and then it is very thin (along with the metal grill on it weighs 7 Kilograms or 15 pounds), i will redo it again, but not now..
The Grille you liked could never have been appreciated without the Vynil eye-lid extensions which "complete" its form.
the Beamlight covers are of the impreza and in there i can fit the original Impreza foglights without any difficulty...
Concerning the side skirts, well i widened them around an inch in the front in order to flow with the front and rear bumper. (now they are 100% exact)
I will keep the back of the car as it is because i am verrrry satisfied with the way it looks first and then with the ultra lightweight i was able to achieve with it (no more than 18 lbs)...
the only thing i am gonna remodify is the rear spoiler height...

Thank you for your comment

1994 Silver SVX in hybernation, awaiting for the monsterous awakening (Lebanon)
1967 Mercedes-Benz 250SL Euro Specs, Hard/Softtop, White/Red. Under Complete Restoration
2013 Mercedes-Benz SL350 Euro Specs, White/Red. Mint... Another step into SL Collection.