View Single Post
Old 05-04-2005, 11:33 AM

You'd better knock on some wood...My 94 had 128ish on the original transmission and I thought it would never say die...I was wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncamitzi
all the complaints and comments about the SVX Tranny...

My teal now has 120,000 on the original tranny... no problems with this one.

The pearl had problems that I'm guessing were there from the way the previous owner beat the car (after doing a little research after the fact).

I have and will continue to maintain that the vast majority of the SVX trannies last through the life of the car...
It’s the same with the rear bearings.

Why do we here at the network hear so much about trannies?
It's because a lot of people that bought the car, because they could afford a relatively low cost sporty car, bought beat cars with questionable maintenance records. Then they themselves go out and slam the car around thinking it's a rally car... , which also might explain some of the rear bearing problem.

I am not ignoring the fact that the 92 (93?) tranny's had some cooling problems. I'm also not denying the rear bearings are a little weak for the size and weight of the car.

It was designed as a luxury cruiser, not a dragster (no offence Chris).

I'm guessing that the vast majority of SVX drivers that are having no problems and drive in a reasonable way, will praise the car all day long and not seek out help or camaraderie that we have here on the site.

So... could we get over the tranny? And go back to talking about how much damn fun this car is to drive?

Thanks…
I now turn you over to our regularly scheduled program of tranny and bearing &itches...