View Single Post
Old 04-26-2005, 08:00 PM
Just some dude.

Significant Technical Input
Actually, the cams are different between the 2.2 turbo and na. See the factory service manual above. That means nothing to us though.

Piston sizes: They have all the same sizes. A B C and oversizes for rebore 10 and 20 over and all are available. Even if they didn't you could just rebore to fit the next largest. You don't use different size pistons hodge podge. The block and the pistons are labeled for which of the standard sizes they are..a, b, or c. When you rebuild the engine you take measurements inside of all of the cyllinders to see if they are true and if they aren't you overbore the minimum amount necessary to make them true...if 20 thousands over isn't enough to make them true you scrap the block. If you read through the engine service section of the factory service manual it describes the process...good info for those not familiar with machine shop work. So anyway, you do the machine work on the block first then order the appropriate set of pistons and rings to match your machine work which may or may not be the same size as what you had originally.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomssvx
cams have the same specs on my mitchell cd. Infact they don't list a non turbo or turbo so from that I assume they are the same for all 2.2l. I have only one concern with the pistons. Our engines are not like chevy small blocks, the pistons are made to fit. Not all the pistons are exactly the same diameter. The svx has gradings A B and C where as the 2.2lt only has A and B. This would be my only concern as with swapping off to the 2.2l pistons. Anyone have information that would negate my worries? If so be more than adimate as to put my concerns to rest. I remember going over this in a previous thread but cannot remember the solution.

Tom