View Single Post
Old 04-25-2005, 05:40 PM
Just some dude.

Significant Technical Input
I was just explaining one of the reasons the twin screw blower far outperforms a turbo system for street use on the svx and thought I'd share it here--particularly since Mychailo had asked about every day driving performance. The #'s I used in the example i was making are rough estimates for 5 or 6 lbs instead of 6 or 7 just because we were discussing what if's with 91 octane and 100+ temps.

I don't think you'd have any problems running 7 lbs on our kit there. If you did you'd just have to go down to 6 lbs or 5 lbs which you could do in 10 minutes with a $40 pulley. Remember with the positive displacement blower even if you went down to 5 or 6 lbs you wouldn't just be getting a 40% increase in peak power. Right at throttle you'd be getting a 40% of 100% ve increase plus the difference between the factory volumetric efficiency which is pretty low at low rpms and 100% volumetric efficiency. I don't have the ve curve in front of me right now but let's just pick a # and say it's 80%. The increase from 80% ve to 100% ve is a 25% increase. The 40% of 100% ve is a %50 increase. That's a 75% increase in the most important part of the power band where a turbo will give you little or nothing.