View Single Post
Old 04-26-2001, 07:35 AM
lightning_8669

<<<filter not changed, etc.). >>>

Subaru had a "campaign" to install filters on 92 and 93 SVXs because the stock coolers in those years had the mesh in them which was prone to clogging. I was told the scheduled maintenance intervals for this filter are 30,000 miles. I think the original owner of my car (I'm the 3rd) had the filter installed back in 93 and never replaced. The second owner had the trans replaced in 1999 but not the filter. That trans failed shortly after I bought the car in the summer of 2000. I had it replaced under warranty and instructed the writer to replace the filter. They chose not to for some reason. That transmission recently failed. I have just had it replaced, also under warranty, AND a new filter installed. I have also installed a B&M Racing cooler and the car seems to shift much better than ever before. Depending on your driving habits replacing the filter often is probably a good idea. The it $8.25 from Couer D'Alene Subaru plus shipping (my local dealer quoted me $35 just for the filter) and comes complete with mounting clamp, hardware and hosing. Pretty cheap early model SVX trans protection if you ask me.