View Single Post
Old 03-24-2005, 08:11 AM
red95svx

Quote:
Originally Posted by billisa
Well, I can't say if the tech (non-Subaru) followed the directions to the letter. He apparently is a Subaru expert, but who knows. What should he have done, other than just pour it in? We just had it done yesterday. Should I have it redone by a dealer? If not, what should I be watching for on the radiator?

Thanks for the advise on the GT. Is there a way to access Subaru dealer records on this car once/if I get the VIN?

Thanks,

Bill

Subaru provided seperate instructions for adding the conditioner to hot or cold engines. The procedure is slightly different for each. You also have to give the bottle a real good shake. As far as your radiator goes, just keep an eye on the temp guage. All of the cars that had radiator problems developed the problem within two weeks of having the conditioner added. Like I mentioned before, as soon as everyone started following the directions exactly, the radiator problems went away.

As for the GT, Subaru dealerships are only required to tell SOA of any warranty repairs. Once the car is out of warranty the only people that would know about any repairs are the previous owners and the shop that did the repair. SOA is out of the loop at that point. I would ask the previous owner who their maintenance was provided by, and then ask that shop for a report on what they have done to that car.

Dave