View Single Post
Old 03-18-2005, 10:23 AM
Meow!

Send a message via ICQ to Earthworm Send a message via AIM to Earthworm Send a message via MSN to Earthworm Send a message via Yahoo to Earthworm Send a message via Skype™ to Earthworm
Scary Experience

This all started when a train was causing me to be late for work. (You can already see where this is going) So I was trying to make up some time as a result.

As I was pulling into my parking spot at work yesterday I was followed in by a police car with their lights on. I knew I was speeding (lots).

The officer came out of the car and asked me how fast I was going. In my head I was thinking, "Depends on how long you were following me". I responded with, "I don't know. I wasn't watching the speedometer."

"Yeah right", he responds, "Are you in a hurry?"

"Yes, I was late for work."

"Licence and registration."

I hand him my license and proceed to find the registration in my car. Checked in the glove box - not there but I found 2 copied of expired papers. The cop proceeds to check the expiry date on my plates. I check the back seat - not there. Now I'm getting a little worried. I know I have a copy of my registration ar home on my desk but that's of no use to me now. I check the console - not there either.

"No Registration?" the cop asks. I proceed to check the glove box once more - found it!

The cop points to the area between the rear of my hood and the windshield and says, "Smell here...that's the smell of an abused engine". I pretend to smell.

More thoughts run through my head, "Smells good!", "Great ain't it?" or "I love that smell". I said nothing.

Cops went back to their car and I sat nervously in mine. Time passed. Eventually they return and I get out. I didn't put my window down as my window was dirty and I didn't want to scratch it. The cop hands me my papers and responds, "I'm in training today so I can only give you a warning".

A huge sigh of relief goes through my whole body. This was the first time I've ever been pulled over for speeding...no warnings, no tickets...nothing! I asked the cop, "So, out of curiosity how fast was I actually going".

"None of your business!"

(Jerk)

Just before he does walk away he responds, "...more than 25 over the speed limit."

He gets in his car and drives off. I go into work.

My afterthoughts:
- they didn't actually catch me on radar as they couldn't give me an exact speed. They saw this UFO go flying by and had to rough up the driver a bit.
- as a result they made up the excuse of being in training as to why he couldn't give me a ticket.
- I was lucky because the ticket would have probably been +$500
- I was probably going over twice the speed limit at one point. (100kph+ in a 50)

Later at work I told a coworker my story and he responded that a verbal warning doesn't go on my file. He says it would only go on file if I had something on paper. I told him I have some evidence but I don't think soiled underwear would be admissible.