View Single Post
Old 02-12-2005, 11:31 PM
deruvian

Unhappy A wonderful crack in my radiator developed tonight.

The time has come... My radiator needs replacing. On the freeway, I smelled a very strange odor (not the typical maple syrup smell), and decided to pull over at the next exit. I parked in a gas station lot, and popped the hood. Everything looked fine, until the radiator leak caught my eye. There is a very small crack in the top plastic, about two inches long. Fluid is very very slowly leaking out.

I'd like to change it ASAP, and hopefully find a little fix in the mean time. I'm assuming that I'm too late for the group-buy on the aluminum one, but I asked anyway over in that thread.

Ruined my day, man. I've got the money and all, but it was meant for other purposes. As usual.

I looked at subaruparts.com, and they list it for $355. I also looked here and found the radiator for $320. The part number that subaruparts.com lists for the radiator is 45199PA001, and this checks out at the other site. Has anyone ordered from subarupartspeople.com before ("the other site")?

Does anyone else know of any other good prices, aside from maybe, possibly inching into the aluminum group-buy?