View Single Post
Old 01-14-2005, 10:37 AM
XT6 is SVX's Daddy

Send a message via ICQ to Myxalplyx Send a message via AIM to Myxalplyx Send a message via Yahoo to Myxalplyx
Quote:
Originally posted by b3lha
Thanks for the comment's Lee. I had the torque converter fitted by Level10 four years ago. I don't know if they fitted a new one or modified the old one to have a higher stall.

I'll ask the transmission shop to recondition it and I'll mention that it's a high-stall version.

Phil.
Hey Phil,

If your tranny is shifting fine, just have the fluid changed and you'll be fine. Tranny fluid gets darker just like oil gets darker after a period of time. It doesn't necessarily mean that it's bad but it's pretty used up. Just imagine if your oil gets darker/black after 3000 miles.....this doesn't mean you have to get a new/rebuilt engine. You just have to change your oil.

On another note, Level 10 sends the torque converter out to be rebuilt by ProTorque in New York. I was told that it's not rebuilt at their facilities. I had my torque converter rebuilt with a higher stall speed at Protorque on one of my XT6s. I haven't had a chance to really test it yet since the first time I tested it, my brake calipers siezed up.

When mine was rebuilt, it came back a nice, shiny, glossy black color. My old camera doesn't show how it really looks.

1996 3.3ltr SVX (AWD/Auto) 15.070@91.38mph
***R.I.P***
2010 RAV4 AWD Sport (13.717 @ 99.19mph )
2015 Honda Fit LX CVT (15.2 @ 90mph)