View Single Post
Old 01-12-2005, 04:50 AM
Yeah, I'm still around

Quote:
Originally posted by Weebitob
... it always seems like build quality wise they their flagship packages they move up a par. for example, look at the Eclipse GTS compared to the GSX, it is like night and day, while with the GTS you can see the gap in the panels. I remember I saw a GSX going down the highway, even before I saw the three letters on the back, I noticed no gaps in the paneling and a more of a solid made of metal glint, then I saw the back and knew.
If you were talking about halo cars that were made on their own dedicated assembly lines (SVX as one for instance) then your arguement might hold water. I don't believe the VR-4 (nor Stealth) was and I highly doubt the GTS was. You;re also telling us that by driving by a car on the highway, you were able to determine that it was the upscale version by the panel gaps and "more of a solid made of metal glint"? What does that quoted phrase mean?

Quote:
Originally posted by Weebitob
The VR4s seem to last longer (like I said before flagship build quality)...
How about the fact they were more expensive to buy, probably purchased by an enthusiast and therefore more likely to have been properly cared for as a reason as to what they last longer? I believe this would be a plausible explanation.

Todd