View Single Post
Old 01-08-2005, 08:22 PM
OMGWTFBBQ!!1!11!LMAOROFLC OPTER

Quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Pockets
I've had nothing but problems with aftermarket replacement transmission filters. In the past, I've had to do exactly what your shop did - compare pictures and ordr one that looked right. Even then I've had to make some sort of minor alteration to the filter. In the case of my wife's Legacy, I had to overfill the tranny a little because the pickup in the replacement screen wasn't as long as the original part. Nice.

Oh, and when I tried to find one at my local dealer, they said they didn't stock them because they literally never replaced them. That was their policy - to never replace an internal screen. I didn't really get the reasons why. My guess is that they're just as mystified by Subaru automatics as most owners, so they prefer not to crack them open.

Are you sure a backflush is a good idea? If I was to flush a tranny, especially one that old, I'd flush it forwards. Backflushing just seems like begging for blockage somewhere. On a tranny that old, there is undoubtably debris floating around in there.
Hey pockets why would they be mystified by suby automatics? Are they different from any other car?

2006 Subaru Impreza 2.5i....5spd - My daily driver

2006 Subaru Legacy 2.5i -7k miles..Mom's daily driver

2,543 Member of the SVX World Network