View Single Post
Old 01-08-2005, 06:35 AM
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via Yahoo to newsvx
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by SVXRide

Harry,
Yeah, you've been "off site" for too long!
What's this I hear about you thinking about getting a Bricklin? ("thread-jacking" aside...)...Are you also thinking about a DeLorean?
-Bill
Bill, Ron, and Chike,
Yep, been thinking about a Brick, but a good one is now close to $20K - emphasis on "good". And Ron, speaking of yellow Bricklin's, there is one in Herndon, VA with a blown engine I looked at. It is "slightly" modified with a Ford 9" rear end, completely revamped suspension, brakes, etc. It needs all of that, because the fellow installed a 460 C.I. Cobra Jet V-8, putting out over 500 HP. The engine was blown at Summit Point Raceway last summer (June). It lost oil pressure and a rod excaped from the engine block via the side. He wants $15K for the car as is. Can't really see it at this point.
I have been wanting a change in cars, but I am having a hard time deciding to sell the SVX. Just can't part with it, and I know I won't find another one later (when I come to my senses) in as good of shape as this one - remember, five years ago it only had 9K miles on it. Today, 70K.
But there are lots of good car out there that have "interest" by being a little different. The Bricklin is REALLY different, and the quality control with them was not the best by a long shot. Maybe I'll just find me an old Saab Sonett with the v-4 engine (don't tell anyone, but the v-4 engine was a FORD).
Harry
1992 SVX LSL, #1215
1997 SVX LSi, #370
"I live with fear every day. Sometimes she lets me go racing."
"Getting Older and Slower"
Locker: http://www.subaru-svx.net/photos/user.php?newsvx