View Single Post
Old 12-31-2004, 01:29 PM
RobSVX

VSS2 Mechanics not what i expected ?

OK, so I'm replacing my VSS2. I pull the solenoid out and expect to see a 'T'... but not the case. Instead there's nothing there. I look into the butt end of the soleniod and see a 'square' drive hole inside (about an inch). Mmm, so I look and lying in the Tranny hole is a 'pin' with one end having the straight 'square' male peg that would fit the solenoid 'square' drive hole... and the other end looking like a drill bit with a broken end. I assume it shouldn't be twisted off. This peg is only about 1" inch long.
I pick it up (its just lying there). Then, I look into the Tranny hole and there's a rubber seal with the other end of the twisted drill bit piece poking thru about 1/8". This seal is only about 1/2" down in the hole.

Does that seal pull out with that broken drill bit piece or is that a no-no ?

I read someplace that pulling the shaft can cause a piece to drop in the tranny - I don't want that. I already know the crappy design not allowing me to pull the shaft with the gear out.
Is that the shaft head or something I can pullout ?

How that piece got twisted is freaky since it would require a spinning motion below and a stopping above. Even if the sensor froze-up, its bending metal like that ?

Any thoughts on what I've got here ?