View Single Post
Old 02-03-2002, 12:08 AM
Brian Steel

What a great day! The weather was crisp and breezy but mostly dry with just a few clouds. Brandon met us at Small Car and we headed down to the cart track for our 11:00 reservations where we met Tim and proceded to flog the carts for a few laps. Brandon showed us how to drive the track and won both heats, and I got a chance to spin out and run into my wife without having to talk to my insurance company. Two of my kids and one of their friends joined in and everyone had a great time. Now I'm really worried about when my 13 year old daughter gets her license. We talked about the transmission resistor mod and unplugged those in Brandon's and Tim's cars. Both really liked the results and Tim was thinking his transmission might have been on the way out before this.
Up to Southcenter and I think I was the second to arrive. Very cool to see all those SVXes in one place. I can't remember half of what we talked about but the subjects included: wheels, tires, engines, automatics, five speeds, altermator mods, headlights, LED's, Euro turn signals, grills, paint, car art, and the kitchen sink. It was great!
Several attendees drove the five speed and they all decided Subaru really missed the boat on that one. Can't wait for the next meet and a chance to whip Brandon on the cart track.
Posted some photo's in my locker.