View Single Post
Old 11-13-2004, 02:29 AM
snik

i agree,.. every car has its own share of infamous issues

i went to see this svx today... it wouldnt start,.. no big deal i figured..battery is dead... hooked up jumper cables and it made the lights in the benz go dim while cranking the svx

the svx would crank half a crank and stop... meanwhile, the other car had to be revved otherwise the very attempt to crank the svx would cause the other car to stall

needless to say i couldnt get it to start.. it would continue to crank for 1 sec and stop, and battery light in the other car would come on even while revving.. holly!!!! how much power is this car taking to start? is this normal when jump starting subarus or is this an issue specific to this car?

disc brakes appear oxidized.. obviously i cant start it although owner insists it was running, and we know it skips 3rd gear... may have other issues, but I dont know,...a very good friend of mine knows the seller and he has driven the car previously and he mentioned it drove well... i am buying this car solely based on my friend's words as I trust him completely... body is ok, although a door appears to have been painted... there are 3 rust bubbles on front and 2 rear fenders, paint on spoiler is peeling. Leather appears to be in good condition w/ small cracks on bolster but no rips... front headlights are grimey (water condensation from the inside as are rear tail lights, except you can see condensation inside them). It may need hand brake cables,... calipers may be seized as it has been sitting outside for 6+ months (not running), paint overall is faded (pearl white), my friend has told me at the time he drove it a bit (last year prior to tranny giving up and car being stored, all electricals were operational, and there was no check/warning lights on the dash), and that the car drove quite smooth on the road with no evidence of wandering or suspension trouble.

how much should i offer the seller?

thanks again for all your guidance w/ my purchase

Last edited by snik; 11-20-2004 at 09:40 AM.