View Single Post
Old 11-12-2004, 04:08 PM

Hi possumfat9,

What i'm about to say might be COMPLETELY unrelated. I have an older motorcycle that was doing something similar (backfiring into the intake). I had to remove the carbs and clean them out, that fixed the problem a little bit but not completely.Then i bought something called "Seafoam", it is some kind of carb/injector cleaner, I poured that in a tank of gas and it seemed to fix the bike right up.
The point is, my carbs were no good, so the bike was running lean, the lean running was causing it to back fire into the intake. Do you think the injectors could be acting up when its cold and behave ok once it has warmed up. Try this thing called Seafoam, it just might help. I found the stuff at Advanced Auto Parts here in Austin Texas.

I just talked to a friend of mine and he suggested:
While the car is runninig lousy, start disconnected the power to the injectors one at a time (unplug, notice difference in engine performance, plug it back in, move on to next injector). IF there is one that doesn't make a difference in the way the engine is running, that could be your bad injector.

Hope something out of all this helps.

RB