Thread: Baseball
View Single Post
Old 10-21-2004, 06:50 AM
OMGWTFBBQ!!1!11!LMAOROFLC OPTER

Quote:
Originally posted by LarryIII
The Red Sox won last night sweeping the last 4 games of the 2004 ALCS from the Yankees. I am in shock and numb all over. The Yankees always seem to be in the middle of making baseball history, both good and bad, and this one was very, very bad from my point of view.
My only solace is that this is a good thing for baseball.

What, I initially feared in the beginning of the season, has come to pass. The Yankee pitching staff SUCKS. George will be restructuring the team. Torre may even be gone. I only see Jeter, A-Rod, Mussina, & Matsui as locked in to be Yankees in 2005. The rest of the players may be gone.

This morning, I heard many broadcasters saying that the “Curse of the Bambino” is over. That is not true. In order for the curse to be officially over, the Red Sox must win the World Series. I can see them winning the World Series against the Astros but not the Cardinals. It will be interesting.

Larry III
Well the curse is kinda over. The only thing people care about is beating the yankees....that in a way is the red sox world series championship. NY'ers always said boston sucks and they can never beat the yankees and its finally happened. There will never be a talk again of the curse will prevent the sox from beatin the yanks. I got sick of hearing it and im glad i wont have to hear it again. This world series will be awesome because neither team has won a title in a loooooooooong time...i dont think the stro's ever have. All 3 teams involved at this point are very hungry for a title. This may be the last series that you see pedro martinez in a red sox uniform...he's lost his stuff anyway. Boston fans now have hope for the rest of their lives now that they beat the yankees. They all love the rivalry but they all cringed when they found out they had to play NY in the ALCS. Now that its done and over and Boston has prevailed the sox fans will have alot more hope for years to come. My prediction is Boston in 7 VS the Cards.

2006 Subaru Impreza 2.5i....5spd - My daily driver

2006 Subaru Legacy 2.5i -7k miles..Mom's daily driver

2,543 Member of the SVX World Network