View Single Post
Old 10-18-2004, 07:29 PM

Send a message via AIM to want-a-fast-svx
Hmm....Well as far as i know im putting the clutch in the correct and only way it looked as if it were to go to me..I have the clutch disc with the raised center section going into the inside of the Pressure plate, and the flat section going up against the flywheel. This looked like it was the only way for it to bolt up and i believe if i recall correctly its how it should go...As far as the TOB and clutch fork go, after much research and talking to 2 subaru techs it sounds like im putting it in the correct way as well...The TOB is put onto the input shaft and then the clutch fork is slid into the ears of the TOB, you slide the pin from the side of the tranny through the clutch fork and it locks the fork in place essentially...ONce the tranny is mated to the engine and bolted up you push back on the clutch fork and you can feel/hear it engage the PREssure plate like its supposed to...Also i thought it might be the clutch not being totally aligned but the wear marks are consistent and I've been using a clutch tool the whole time. This is really throwing me for a loop here....