View Single Post
Old 10-14-2004, 03:26 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Mr. Pockets
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by Landshark
can someone give me an example of a good piece of legislation that John Kerry had passed in the last 20 years?
Can anybody give an example of any piece of legislation that any senator has passed?

The truth of the matter is that the American public is grossly ill-informaed about domestic and world affairs - and especcially about what's going on in our own government. So when a question like the above is raised by, say, the Republican party, the first answer that comes to mind is, 'hey, you're right - I can't think of a single thing John Kerry has done in the past 20 years. Clearly he's done nothing.'

I try to use as many sources of information as possible, and I am absolutely appalled at some of the things Bush, Cheney and their campaign peopel say that their supporters just accept as fact without checking on their own.

Now, that's not to say that the other side hasn't misrepresented the facts occasionally or just plain made stuff up. But I see far more eggregious examples coming from the Bush camp and I just can't fathom how people just take their word for it without looking into things for themselves.

If we have Bush for another four years, then clearly he speaks for the people and so be it. We'll have it coming.

2005 RX-8 Grand Touring
2005 Outback
2002 Mercedes-Benz E320 wagon

END OF LINE