View Single Post
Old 10-12-2004, 09:59 AM
Word to Yo Motha

Send a message via AIM to SVXer95
As much as I love my car and I am sure you love yours, I agree with Pockets. The SVX was sorta my first car, got it when I was 17. I have been able to afford the upkeep on this car only because I have been lucky enough to get good jobs. It is not an easy car to take care of. There are finicky repairs such as wheel bearings that will cost a lot of money if done right.

The SVX is fairly reliable, but when it breaks, even if it is minor, it is expensive. The problems you have mentioned don't seem very major and most of them don't need immediate attention, but somewhere along the line you are going to have to pay for the upkeep on this 13 year old car. Parts will become more scarce as well as more expensive.

I would suggest buying something a little easier handle and keep the dream of owning an SVX. At some point you will be able to afford a great low miles car in pristine condition.

I am a marked example of a hypocrit as I intend to sell my SVX and buy an even more high maintenence, older vehicle. If you like the vehicle enough to take all the headaches that go along with it, by all means, keep it. You will truly love the car. If you can't afford it, and can't afford to repair it, don't buy it. You will only regret it and probably sell it for less that you paid for it in the next year.

1995 L AWD
Locker

1987 Porsche 944 turbo
80k miles. MBC + Chips. Relatively Stock