Thread: Steering Pull
View Single Post
Old 09-29-2004, 06:51 AM

Joe,

Yeah I took it to a tyre centre with all the gucci four wheel laser kit. They set up their equipment and measured the tracking, camber, castor etc and the computer chucked out a print out of where the misalignments (in red) were. The back end had been out quite a bit and the car was crabbing a to one side. They then did all the necessary adjustments and printed out the final setup with no red bits, everything was green. But still she pulled though nowhere near as she had been before.

When the guy there road tested it he said that that level of pull to the left could no way be caused by the the geometry being out slightly still. No amount of tweaking the alignment could rectify it, it had to be something more fundamental causing the pull.

Another quick question if I may? Could a faulty knock sensor cause the engine to be hesitant at slow speeds? When I accellerate from stop or low speeds such as reapplying the throttle after making a turn or pulling away after traffic lights I get very little accelleration, the revs are low and sluggish even though the pressure I have on the accellerator should have me accelerating far more briskly. Over the course of a few seconds the revs rise slowly then suddenly "Bang" normal accelleration and I'm off. Makes for joining fast moving traffic an interesting affair. The only way I can over come this hesitancy is to punch the accellerator hard and I tend to drive in 3rd gear to keep the revs up a bit more.

Glenn

'96 Subaru SVX (111K) - UK spec
'85 Opel Monza GSE (71K)
'86 Opel Monza GSE (95K)
'93 Toyota Estima Lucida (37K) - JDM import

My psychiatrist says I'm suffering from paranoia........but he's always hated me!!!