View Single Post
Old 09-16-2004, 11:52 PM
Hater

Quote:
Originally posted by Shadow248
Well now i've heard it all. "Down-market" Corvette interior? So let me get this straight - you drive a Subaru, lust after a 4-door grocery getter with a turbocharged weedwacker engine, and you don't see anything weird about calling the Vette's interior "down-market"? The interior's on STI's and EVO's can't hold a candle to even a base Camaro interior...let alone a T/A, GTO, or Corvette. Don't even kid yourselves. It's not even close.

You know why I keep posting about this stuff here? Because I can't get enough of your reactions. It's like a primate study. It's fascinating to see how you people think. This site is like a different planet where the laws of earth do not apply. It's downright fascinating.

I belong to the largest f-body forum there is...it's called LS1tech, and it's very informative. Most importantly, at least 80% of the members there are realistic. You don't just hear GM flag waving, T/As can't beat anything...etc. They accept and learn from people outside of their world. In fact, several members regularly peruse "enemy" boards in an effort to learn more from and share info with those boards' members. They will post their findings and even provide links to relevant threads in those other forums. This is much like my rousings here. However I don't post links to threads here because LS1tech members may follow them here and start posting on this site...believe me you don't want that. There are several members that hang out over at NASIOC and keep things in check. Several NASIOC members visit LS1tech from time to time. Haven't heard any of them raving about STI interiors though.

So in closing...keep up the good work, I'm always in need of a good laugh after a tough day at work.
so you are the General Motors missionary?

i'm not the only one who thinks the Vette's interiors have been pretty craptastic over the years. it appears they finally made some progress in the new C6's after how many years?

"You pop inside the new Corvette by squeezing an electric door latch. This opens up a dual-cockpit interior that will surprise long time 'Vette owners with its high quality trim and excellent fit and finish. Finally!" Motorweek

"Those who believed the C5's interior to be cheap will feel more substantial in the new car's cockpit." Corvette Action Center

there's more i'm sure, but its getting late.

so finally after many decades GM decides to put a decent, non-tupperware interior in their flagship model! oh wait, i'm the only one who believes this.

it appears Mr. Shadow is actually the one living in the fanboi dreamworld.

is the STi interior in the same league as a Mercedes? hell no, i never said it was. is it a good interior considering the price of the car? yes it is. unfortunately, you can't say that about Corvette interiors until 2005 (unless you're a fanboi )

i really do enjoy having you here, Mr. Shadow, because you provide me with a good laugh. whenever a car discussion thread pops up, i await your arrival to save us fools with your GM sermons. i want to believe! hallelujah!

1987 928 S4 (Black) SOLD!
1997 SVX LSi (Ebony) SOLD!
2005 Legacy GT (Silver) [Cobb Stg 2+] SOLD!
1987 928 S4 (Black) SOLD!
2005 Forester XT Premium (Crystal Gray Metallic) SOLD!
2008 Lancer Evolution X MR (Apex Silver) [Cobb Stg 1+]
2015 Outlander Sport 2.4GT AWD (Mercury Gray)
2013 G37xS (Obsidian Black)