Thread: Steering Pull
View Single Post
Old 09-14-2004, 06:18 AM

Re: Fiat Lucida!

Quote:
Originally posted by svxistentialist
To avoid confusion, not the manufacturer Fiat, it's a pun on Fiat lux from the Latin. From the bible...........

Lost you yet?

It's the Latin for "Let there be Toyota people carriers!"

Monzta, my friends are contemplating buying a Japanese Lucida with 2.2 turbodiesel automatic and about 20K miles. How are you finding yours? Is it diesel? Or 2.4 petrol?

Anything they should watch out for?

Joe
Joe,

I've only had my 'Lucy' for a couple of months but have been very impressed by it. Mine is an eight seater with 4WD and a 2.2 TDi. It's got twin aircon systems, alloys, smoked glass, curtains on all windows, twin sunroofs, e/h mirrors and so on. And with only 35K genuine miles on the clock I reckon a bargain too at £4500.

I'm particularly impressed by the handling.....very car-like. It was considered the best handling people carrier of its day because of the engine being mounted amidship and underneath the floor plus of course the 4WD helps as well.

As for things to look out for? There doesn't seem to be anything drastically problematic with them but if your friends join the Estima UK Forum (link below) they can get good, sound advice from more clued up people than I.

UK Toyota Estima Forum

'96 Subaru SVX (111K) - UK spec
'85 Opel Monza GSE (71K)
'86 Opel Monza GSE (95K)
'93 Toyota Estima Lucida (37K) - JDM import

My psychiatrist says I'm suffering from paranoia........but he's always hated me!!!