View Single Post
Old 08-25-2004, 10:53 PM
SVX Appeal

Try this:

With the car running, give your fuse box a swift kick. Use your left foot. Swing up and left.

My cruise control used to work perfectly. Then I had to toggle the switch a few times to get it to stay on. The light would always flicker, but went out when I released the button. The other day, it stopped working entirely. No light. No flicker. Nothing.

I'm about to go on a road trip when this happens, so I'm not amused. The timing stinks. I keep dallying with it until suddenly the ABS light comes on. The ABS light flickers, and then the power steering light comes on too. What the...?

So I pull over. Sure enough, no power steering, but the alternator light hasn't come on so the belt is fine. I crack open the fuse box and look for a culprit. I find the right fuse, pull it, and it looks good. I pull back on the road and the power steering light goes out. Yes! Back to only two warning lights again.

I keep screwing with the cruise switch. I'd like the ABS light to go away, but frankly the cruise is more important to me. Finally I give up, slouch down in my seat, and set my left foot on the footrest. The lights go out. Another victory. I kick the footrest again. The lights come on. Kick - lights out. Kick - lights on. Kick - lights out.

Now the cruise control light works perfectly. One press and it stays on. It still doesn't work, but the light comes on now. Everything else is functioning. ...just no cruise.

I haven't messed with it since. I plan on giving the fuse box a through inspection - you know - when I have time. :P

Anyway, hopefully this will give you a place to start looking.