View Single Post
Old 08-16-2004, 08:27 AM
Row faster...I hear banjos!!!!

Re: Re: Re: Re: B11s

Quote:
Originally posted by BoondockSVX
May I suggest a Ford Contour SVT? Yeah yeah, it's a ford.... however, it's ford's first world car, designed in Europe, with european ford quality. The regular contour is pretty dull, but the SVT is a pretty great car. Leather recaro seats, an incredible shifter (seriously! One of the best domestic shifters ever!), an extrude honed duratec v6 that puts out 220hp, and suspension that rivals most BMWs. Every review I've ever read has been nothing but praise, and these little cars havea top end of 155mph!!!

Something to consider, especially seeing how nice examples go for 5-8 grand.

- Jim
Those Contour SVTs are pretty nice cars, but being fwd, it not as fun to race at the drag strip. On the AutoX circuit, it'll probably do pretty well with a spring and shock upgrade, but it's not my cup-o-tea. They are very nice cars though and got excellent reviews from the automotive press!

Guys, the Legacy GT is a nice car and will probably be on my shopping list. I plan on test driving both the S60R and Audi S4, as well as a few others like the Legacy GT and maybe even an STI.

-Chike

2013 Cosmic Blue 5spd Evo X GSR
2006 Galaxy Gray 6MT RX-8 (sold)
2006 Steel Gray WRX TR (sold)
1996 Brilliant Red SVX L (sold)