View Single Post
Old 08-11-2004, 11:46 AM
Rep from the outside world

Send a message via AIM to Shadow248
Quote:
Originally posted by Chiketkd
Honestly, Consumer Reports wouldn't have the most aggressive road test staff out there. Heck, they only got a 0-60 of 6.3 and a 1/4 of 14.9 for a Stealth RT/TT!!! Other mags have gotten times over 1 sec faster for stock Stealths.

I bet they just launched the SVX in a way that was easy on the drivetrain. The trap speed of 85mph is also the lowest I've ever seen in a mag test of an SVX (Road & Track got a 15.4 @ 92.5 in their test of a '92)

-Chike

P.S. Nice article btw. I've never read it before.
I think CR doesn't try to get optimum numbers. It seems to me like they run the vehicle the way any average joe would. Mags like Car & Driver and Road & track...etc...do full out drag launches to get their 0-60 and 1/4mile numbers. I noticed the Corvette in that test got the slowest times i've seen for that model and year. I've seen anything from 5.5 secs to 4.8 for my WS6. In a full-out launch, i've done 4.9 by radar. If I walk the car off the line, I average about 5.3. Problem is, cars will only take so much of that kind of abuse, which one of the reasons (probably) that CR doesn't do it that way. Good thing they didn't test the 92 ZR1.