View Single Post
Old 07-28-2004, 09:03 PM
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via Yahoo to newsvx
Registered SVX
Likewise, Uber. My hat, too, is off to you! Great response. It is so good to be able to have a "discussion / debate" without one party or the other becoming really ticked off.

That said, I still have to disagree with the basic tenet of you argument . It has been well thought out, but in my mind, still flawed. The question I pose to you is: At what speed would you draw the line and say, "Enough". I understand your point that a good driver will "know his/her limits", but as I stated before, there is always that percentage of drivers that don't know his/her limits or won't admit to them. A prime example is in Germany on the Autobaun. The tremendouse pile-ups (30 - 40 cars with multiple deaths) as a result of at least one idiot running excessive speeds "in the fog".

But bottom line: a society MUST and SHOULD have laws / rules. Including on the highway. I would hate to be on a highway or anything where there were no rules to go by.

But I suspect we will have to agree to disagree. I don't think either of us will change. And I respect your right to have your opinion.

Be safe....
Harry
1992 SVX LSL, #1215
1997 SVX LSi, #370
"I live with fear every day. Sometimes she lets me go racing."
"Getting Older and Slower"
Locker: http://www.subaru-svx.net/photos/user.php?newsvx