View Single Post
Old 07-17-2004, 05:09 PM
After 200, it's all the same.

You know that you are in love with your car when the dreaming begins. I dream every night about driving my car with the biggest dopey grin on my face. And now for the dream.

Dreaming away, I hop into my car and head off to my buddy Seth's house to pick him up. After I get to his house, we leave and head for Boise, 20 minutes away. As soon as we hit the freeway on-ramp, my car magically turns into a 5 speed and i now have a turbo.. "Wow, that was cool. I now have a 5 speed AND it's turbocharged." Continue on towards Boise when my phone rings.

Another friend of mine calls up and tells Seth and I he is stranded 300 miles away with a car that won't start. Ok, we are headed that way anyway and we'll come get you, not a problem.

Pass through Boise on the interstate and give her all the throttle she can stand. Spooling away up to 130 when my buddy hands me a little remote control with one red button. I press the button and what do you, NOS. Interesting. The car tops out at 180 and we get to where my buddy is, pick him up and head home. Repeat the highway speed fest and get home without a hitch.

I look down to see how my gas supply is and wouldn't you know, Full, not a drop used.

Only in the dream world, only in the dream world.

I believe that is the essence of the perfect dream.

Keith

1992 Pearly 187K and climbing (11-91) #964 *retired

1992 Pearl SVX 122500 miles #86 FASTAR THAN THE OLD ONE.*SOLD

Everytime I get into my car, it always reminds me that it has POWER