Thread: why?
View Single Post
Old 07-04-2004, 05:15 AM
SVX Appeal

For the record, I do not favor restrictions on the content of this forum. I do think certain content should not propagate into the general areas of discussion, but I disagree with prohibiting it entirely. I think it is correct that a thread as contentious as this one is permitted to continue. Muting the voices of dissention is paramount to validating their position.

We are all here as willing participants. It is true that in current times personal accountability has all but gone out the window, so I understand why one might wish to limit their liability by imposing some restrictions. I am not willing to lay down so easily, but in this case that is not my decision to make. In the same way I cherish my freedoms, I also honor the freedoms of the moderators and administrators to operate this forum as they see fit.

I would like to celebrate this Independence Day in the spirit of those who understand it's meaning. This year, it seems my 'freedom' to do so has been restricted to the hours of 10:00am and 12:00pm. If my city officials have their way, next year I may very well have no freedom to do so at all. ...which at that point is fine, because there will be no reason to do so. A most macabre irony.