View Single Post
Old 07-03-2004, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Well I recieved an unoficial offer from my adjuster... But it still wans't high enough for me... I think that my $1000 deductable is what's really killing me. That and the fact that I am buying the car back. It's gonna look like a small amount but I have to add $2,000 to the price being offered and that is what they are considering... I'm probably gonna settle with them after the holidays... I'm getting tired of waiting...
While the deductable sure doesn't help you, no insurance company wants to pay out more then the absolute min they can get away with (that's not to say some aren't more "fair" then others) but was this their first reply to your counter offer? If so I would try at least one more time to get them to come up on the price a little, they might not, but it couldn't hurt as long as there isn't a time frame you need to settle by before they won't let you buy back the ride.
Also even if you felt you were given a fair price, you can bet that Geico would have/will drop you as a client, cause they now consider you as a risk.
(has happened to just about everyone I know who was covered by them, that had an accident, at fault or not)
Like someone else said: "The only thing to like about Gieco, is the Gecko" (and personaly I only like him when he is singing Carl Douglass's "Kung Fu Fighting")
Best of Luck in the on-going struggle, and please keep us posted!