View Single Post
Old 06-30-2004, 03:56 PM
Was MacGyver

Registered SVX
Just got back from Tahoe

Well I'm back, I was gone since last Weds when all the "stuff" happened so I haven't been around to answer any comments, etc.

Anyway, looks like that has all come and gone and we are back on track here.

It's looking like Sand Dunes (which going forward we are just calling the NWSVX west coast meet 05 - kinda optimistic that it will become an annual thing and change locations year to year) will be in the late July/early August time period (best chance of sunny weather for the OR coast).

Sounds like most of the Western Region Meet locations are in the desert type areas and so it will probably fall into the spring or autumn months. Either way, should allow a nice 2 month buffer between the two big meets so the diehards can attend both reasonably easy.

Where was I for 6 days? Lake Tahoe. South side. We drove there. Interestingly enough, it was the orginal weekend for the Reno meet, up until a few months ago when the weekend changed. Also, way back when, Tahoe was one of the orginial locations. So I guess we just kinda stuck to the original plan. It was beautiful there though, would definitely make a great place for a meet. The roads around there are awesome too, I was wishing I had drove the SVX. Another interesting thing, I'm sure it was coincidence, but it was almost like several others were on the year old meet plan - we counted no less than 5 different SVXes within a couple mile radius of the south Tahoe "strip" over the weekend! Never got a chance to talk to any of them, but it was kinda funny. Also saw a sixth one on the way out of town west on 50 Monday morning, a pearlie abandoned on the side of the road with CA plates. As we passed, a CHP was just making a U turn to go tag it probably.

Also saw our 7th SVX of the week just over the OR border in WA, followed it all the way to Olympia before he lost us. Nice shiny red with personalized OR plates.

1992 SVX LSL "Serenity" 250,000 miles!

I don't care, I'm still free, You can't take the sky from me...