View Single Post
Old 12-06-2001, 08:24 AM
British Car Junky

Send a message via AIM to EveryShadeofBlue Send a message via Yahoo to EveryShadeofBlue
For $2,500 to $3,000 you'd probably be purchasing trouble. That's a really low price and with that you'd probably get an unknown or questionable history and current problems. I would rather pay $5,000 for an SVX with a newer transmission (proof must be provided) and wheel bearings than spend $2,500 for some bargain basement SVX. Just a new transmission alone will set you back $3,000, so that $2,500 car turns into a $5,500 car. The SVX ain't cheap to fix!

I am still probably going to sell my car when I get it back from having a new engine installed (dealer messed it up, LONG story). The minimum I want is $5,000. The car has 115,000 miles, but it also has a new transmission under warranty and a new set of rear wheel bearings under warranty as well as a bucket load of other new parts. You can't buy that piece of mind for $2,500 or even $3,500.

So, I'd either recommend you save up more money or look for a different type of car. I'd hate to see you spend your hard earned money and then end up having to put in a new transmission 6 months later. It's rough... I've been there and work 2 jobs because of it! But hey, it's a labor of love.

Jeff

Last edited by EveryShadeofBlue; 12-06-2001 at 08:27 AM.